Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Beginning of a New Year.. a New Life! "1.1.11"

What is it about this time of year that just adds this extra boost into people's step? I attended a 12 step meeting today and the level of good energy was tangible. I LOVED it! Could be that it was 1.1.11 and to some that means nothing.. to me it means everything. See I have seen the this crazy 11 thing for the past 15 years or so and my favorite number growing up was 11. It wasn't until a couple of years ago when I came across a whole slew of people who have this thing about 11s. Just a couple of months ago a good friend of mine told me she had heard that every time I see the clock at 11 after the hour it was a sign that the angels are with me.

I am HUGE on setting goals and what I have learned this last year is to keep my goals large but remember that I can only take it one day at a time. As long as I commit "JUST FOR TODAY" to stay in action.. eventually I will get to where I want to be. It's important to have targets to shoot for... otherwise known as intentions. I have found that if I don't have something to shoot for, I tend to chase my own tail and end up spinning my wheels. Don't overwhelm yourself. I remember those years that I would throw out all kinds of new year's resolutions to only then end up paralyzing myself and not doing ANY of them. I know most of you can relate. Admit it, when we do that, we end up setting ourselves up to fail. I shared in our meeting this morning that this is the very first year I can EVER remember where I am not setting a new year's resolution to lose weight. It feels AMAZING. Yes, I am now at my goal weight and have been maintaining for 6 months now. I used to think being at goal weight would fix all my problems and what I have discovered is that it just gives me the opportunity to dig deeper into myself to set higher and more lofty goals. "Life is a journey NOT a destination."

My challenge to you this year is to take it easy. Choose one area of your life.. JUST ONE.. that you can work on. When you get that one mastered or feel like you have a handle on it, then add something else. Life is NOT a race. No one is telling you that you need to be PERFECT today... or EVER for that matter. This is about "PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION." Be patient with yourself. We too often expect so much out of ourselves we spend most of our time in shame which then keeps us majorly stuck and unable to move in a positive direction.

Something I am learning right now as I sponsor people in my program each day is to love them unconditionally regardless of where they are in their recovery. Those that I sponsor don't need anyone else to tell them how horrible they are. They unfortunately get enough of that negative thinking going on in their own heads... they just need to be loved and accepted. I am soo grateful for this opportunity where I am learning to love unconditionally from the deepest part of my soul and seeing what a difference it is making in their lives.

Love yourself. Take this year of 2011 to learn who you are and what your soul purpose is. I believe very strongly that we all have been given special gifts.. ACKNOWLEDGE THEM.. HONOR THEM.. and then live your highest self. When you choose to do that, you bless other people's lives. Things FLOW... when you are not living your highest self, you are frustrated and tired and feel run down. Just notice those areas in your life that you want to shift out of and other areas that you want to cultivate.

My one and only resolution I set for myself today is to blog every single day of 2011. I hope my thoughts and inspirations are of help to you and that what I share stirs something in you to action. Action is the ONLY way we make positive changes in life. "Be the change you want to see in the world." Change MUST start with you. You can do it! Take it slow and be patient with yourself and know that I send all the love and good energy your way and pray you have the willingness to accomplish those things you set your heart out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment