Friday, September 2, 2011

"FAST FOOD KILLS"

Ever thought about how fast food is contributing to so many issues in our society? I am NO expert at all the stats out there but as I sit here in a very well known fast food chain, I can't help but think about how much we rely on this over processed and under nourished food that we consume soo much of on a daily basis. I am sure you have seen from time to time someone on TV pile up the amount of unhealthy food we eat in a year in efforts to make a point to how much we really are consuming and how it affects us. I think back when I used to come to this particular fast food restaurant twice a day.. Lunch and Dinner and how I used to eat 2 full meals of at least 60 grams of fat each. When I used to go to 2 or 3 drive thrus in a 15 minute span to get my fill of fries. I was killing myself. I have eaten out in a restaurant only 3 times in 2 1/2 years. I am not saying that that is right for everyone but it works for me it's just not worth the money and it's hard to find places that are willing to give me the amount of vegetables I am looking for.

Sitting here and watching children who are overweight at such a young age, it just fuels my desire to make a difference in this world, even more. It's up to us individually to start taking responsibility for our health and if we are parents, for our kids. Yes, fast food restaurants can be really convenient but in the long run, visiting these type of places, sets us up for horrible habits that eventually lead to all kinds of diseases and ultimately death.

I have been meeting with people who see what I see and have a great desire to reach out and help others. We can't expect to hand off our personal well being off to anyone any longer. If we don't start taking our health seriously, we will continue to suffer from the 43,000 diseases out there that would otherwise be preventable. Yes. that's right.. most diseases that people are dying from these days are PREVENTABLE. Some of you reading this may say.. "Well, I have bad genes and I got cancer because my mother had cancer." Of course there are diseases that are passed down from generation to generation but let me tell you just from my own life story is all the health problems I went into the doctor for a couple of years ago are GONE now that I have gotten healthy. My hormones used to be all over the place, I was tired all the time, my back hurt, I had irritable bowel syndrome, Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, blood in my stool, skin irritations, Candida, stinky and sweaty feet and many other little things that were bothering me. I remember just 3 years ago going into the doctor and giving him a list of 8-10 items of things I wanted him to advise me on. Now, I don't even know what I would ask him about. It just goes to show that when I started taking an active role in my own personal health and wellness, how quickly the body repaired itself. Think about it 36 years of damaging it, not caring, throwing garbage down my throat and then within as little as a few months of healthy eating, I could totally shift that. It's a miracle. Our bodies are miracles. They know how to heal from extreme abuse. Sadly to say but that is what I have done to myself for so many years is abuse the hell out of this body which carries me through life.

So... choose your death... or choose your life. What you choose to put in your mouth on a daily basis and how you treat your body will determine which road you are headed down. For me once I started to make better choices and take care of myself is when I think I really understood what it meant to BE ALIVE. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment