Thursday, September 1, 2011

"ACT NOW.. and Follow Your Heart!"

Ever find yourself thinking too much when it comes to opportunities to only find out that you missed out on something that could have been huge for you in your life? Well, this is what I have been thinking a lot about lately. As many of you know, I meet and connect with sooo many people on a daily basis. So many, that people have a hard time keeping track. If you have met me in person, I tend to ask people to take a picture with them only because I have learned that if I don't, it's harder for me to remember them. The reason I bring this up is not because I expect that you take pictures with everyone you meet like me, but I want you to think how important it is to connect with others. 

Today as I was driving to my back to back appointments, I got thinking. I tend to be the type of person that when someone gives me a name of someone they think I need to connect with, I don't question it.. or take time to really think about it.. I ACT. Meaning, I get on the phone and call them right away. I can't say I am perfect at this all the time because life keeps me busy but most of the time I act pretty quickly on things. As I did that yesterday with a name, it took a couple of times of playing phone tag to finally get connected with this one man. We talked briefly and then quickly set up a time to meet first thing this morning to see if there is any chance of us working together on our different projects. As we met today, I couldn't help but tear up as we both felt there were no accidents. I explained to this man how I feel strongly about the fact that I literally work for God and as I start my day off by asking God where I need to be and who I am to be in contact with, I feel him direct me. I need to say here that I NEVER know what I am going to experience when I meet with certain people. I always just keep myself open to all possibilities and literally watch things unfold before my eyes. Today was one of those times, when I knew for sure that I was in the right place at the right time, talking to the right person. I felt as though he was an old friend whom I hadn't seen for awhile. What he has been working on is exactly what I have been working on. He had been praying for me and I had been praying for him.  When I left there, I thanked God for the connection.

The point of this experience I share with you is that you never never never know what God has in store for you. If you keep yourself so busy in life that you don't hear the direction from God, how is he able to direct you to certain people or experiences? So this got me thinking. Thinking back on the 2 most pivotal experiences I have had in the last 3 years. One was a time when a girlfriend of mine told me I needed to go to California and go through some training with her back in June of 2008. When I asked her what it was all about she just told me to trust her and go soo.. I did. I went and that started me down a road of waking up to some serious realities in my life. The second was when a friend of mine in February 2009 asked me to jump in her car and drive 6 hours to Vegas to go to a 12 Step recovery conference for Food Addiction. I didn't even know what 12 step was nor anything about food addiction. Again. .. I jumped in the car and just went.



Both of these experiences have had a HUGE impact on my life. If it were not for those 2 pivotal events, I don't think I would be where I am today.. even writing this blog. This gets me to my point of how important it is to follow our hearts. First we need to learn to trust our hearts....live a life clear of the mental clutter enough to hear the still small voice of God so we can be directed and then be willing to take action. Today, I am so grateful for blessing of following my heart and for the soo many experiences I have had witnessing to me that I am truly being guided to meet the right people. Stay open, listen to your heart.. trust your heart and then ACT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment