Friday, January 7, 2011

Loving and Accepting Others

Not a long post tonight because now that I have gotten up at 5:20am for the past couple of days, I need my beauty rest to do it again tomorrow. Just a couple of thoughts I wanted to share with you today. As I spent time with a good friend tonight who also has released over 100 lbs, we talked about the fact that the further we get into this program of recovery the more we realize that we are only responsible for ourselves. So often we want to be the one that thinks we have all the answers for others and therefore that makes us valuable. The reality of it is, we are valuable regardless and all we can share with others is our own experience, strength and hope. I have gotten to the place in life that other's choices are theirs to make. People call me all the time for my opinion on things and again I do my best to turn it back to them to find their answers. I believe we all have the answers that are right for us within us.... we just need to ask the right question and then quiet our minds enough to listen to the answers. What works for me may not work for you.. or it might. I am not attached to the result.

There was a time where I thought that everyone had to do it my way or the highway. I don't feel that way anymore. I am learning to love unconditionally regardless of other's choices. It's very freeing to be honest with you and opens such a huge space for acceptance in others. I believe I come from more of a loving place than anything. Now that doesn't mean I am perfect all the time but I make a conscious choice to be intentionally about my interactions with people.

As I move into the role of being a personal coach for others, I believe my role is to support whatever it is that you want out of your life. Honor your request and help you set up success plans to make it happen. For me if I want to get something done, I set up an accountability partner. I share what it is that I want to and then put a deadline to it and set up a follow up time to report back to them. It works just about every time. When it doesn't work is when I am unwilling to do the work. When that happens.. I pick myself up and set the goal again til it's complete. That is FORWARD MOVEMENT. I also find people in my life that have what I want and then ride their coattails. I am open to learning what they do and then do it.

I want to thank all of you that read these posts and I want to let you know I appreciate all the amazing comments you make on here and on my facebook. If there is ANYTHING I can do to be in service to you, please let me know. I truly have dedicated my life to be in service to others. It makes for a pretty exciting fulfilling life that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment