Sunday, January 9, 2011

Secret to Inspiring Others

Just in the last couple days, I have been thinking a lot about what the magic pill is to truly inspiring people. I  have studied a lot of very successful people as well as am now in close relationships with people who are very inspirational. What is it that makes these people so inspiring? The thing they all have in common is their desire to be in service to others and put that as a priority in their lives. With a world of "I Got Mine" mentality, it's refreshing to know there are people who don't have any hidden agendas, they just want to serve.

So I turn my attention to looking for opportunities to be in service to others. Just in the short couple of days that I have been doing my morning meditations and sending good energy to others, there has been a shift in my own energy. I seem to feel more at peace. Life just seems more fun. I don't feel like I have to push I allow things to keep flowing in and out of my space.

I used to think if I was in service to others all the time that I wouldn't be caring enough for myself. Well, to be honest with you, I spent my life caring very little for myself until now. I realize in order or me to be of any genuine service to others, I need to be in a good balanced place myself. So for today, I took care of myself by eating well, meditating, reading a good book, creating, receiving service and being in service to others. For me it's all about balance. Finding those things in my day that help me keep my mind, body and soul growing.

So grateful for where I am today in my life. It's a pretty unique place as I am learning soo many things, creating programs, workshops and keynotes. Never in a million years did I think I would be here but rooted deep in my heart I believe my soul has longed for this eternal desire of mine to "inspire others."

No comments:

Post a Comment