Friday, March 4, 2011

"What Do You Want?"

"We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we've established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile."

What is your truth? What are you living for? Do you even know what you want in life? These were questions I have been searching out my entire life. When I was overweight, frustrated, confused, emotional, .... I kind of knew what I wanted but had no idea how to get there. I have been to soo many different seminars, conferences, workshops, trainings and each one of them I have gotten soo much value from them. They really have made me who I am today and passionate for what I am doing. It took me first getting my body in balance for things to take off. I realized I needed to get clear with who I am and then what I wanted. Many years ago I listened to a book called "How to think Bigger than you ever thought you could think," by Mark Victor Hansen. I listened to it again the other day which made me think back to when I first did his 20 minute exercise. He challenged us to take 20 minutes using a timer to write as fast as we could coming up with 101 things we want in life. I was talking to one of my sponsees about this this morning about how hard it is sometimes to get to the core of what we want. This is a great exercise for pulling out all those wants.

ACT NOW: So .. open that trusty journal of yours and if you don't have one yet.. better get one. I will soon have for sale the ACT NOW Planner/Journal but for now use what you have. Set the timer for 20 minutes and then get writing as fast as you can. Don't stop, don't over think it.. just write like you were a little kid with all kinds of ambitions. This is a time to go deep and HUGE. Nothing you write is too big of a dream. Don't worry about the "HOW" of it.. just write. Also make sure you write what you WANT.. and not what you DON'T want. You will be surprised for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment