Monday, February 28, 2011

"SURRENDER.. Let Go.. Let God!

Ever felt like your life was spinning out of control and you felt as though you are paralyzed by everything that needs to get done? I know for me I am getting used to how that feels and am learning those are the times I need to just surrender. Surrender doesn't mean to give up, actually surrender means to Let Go! When we try and control things, we are telling God that we don't trust Him. He is just waiting for us to surrender it to take it. The funny thing is He will not take anything that we are unwilling to give Him. See we try and control soo may aspects of our lives and especially people or situations that are way beyond our control. In those moments when I can feel myself spinning, I am learning to go to what I know works.

A couple of things come to mind when I choose to surrender. I sometimes will make a list of things that I need to get done with of course little boxes off to the left hand side of each item. See.. I like the feeling of putting a check mark next to the action showing that I have completed the task. When I am done with that, I look down the list and ask myself, "If I were to only pick one thing off this list, what would it be?" Then I repeat that several times until I have my NEXT RIGHT THING to do.



I also use my surrender Box. Last year sometime I bought this beautiful box that I use as my so called "GOD BOX." This is a box that I use to surrender things I know I can't control but find myself TRYING to control. I put a stack of 3 x 5 Cards next to the box and when I need to surrender things I have a 2 step process that I do. I write on the card the following...

I date it (I like to do this because every once in a while I check to see what I have surrendered and if I have taken it back and am still trying to control that in my life)

Dear God..  (Like he doesn't know who he is ;) lol)

I surrender......... then list that thing or things that you need to surrender to him.

Then I like to put 5 gratitude's on there so I can acknowledge his hand in my life.

Then I sign it with my name (Like he doesn't know who I am ;) lol)



So once I have written everything out..... I then get on my knees and surrender it spiritually. I pray and ask God to take this obsession from me to control.

This process takes time like with anything to get down. It takes practice. For me it took me being willing to do it. It does make a difference. There are times I have had to surrender the same things multiple times. I know that as I have gotten better at doing this more often, it has made all the difference in the world for me.

So Surrender Physically (Cards in Box) and then Spiritually  (In Prayer on our knees).

Now you don't have to have some fancy box... I just picked mine up from Ross. They have some beautiful cheap boxes. Some people use a jar or a shoe box. Doesn't really matter. Just try it and let me know how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment