Friday, February 18, 2011

Whitney Houston "I Didn't Know my Own Strength"


Some of you may not know but I was in a very abusive marriage for 7 1/2 years. This song came on while I was running this morning and it gave me such hope. This was one of the many songs that carried me through one of the darkest times of my life. I wanted to share it with you because it goes to show we all have it in us to make it through the tough times. I know because I have come through some pretty tough things in my life as have many of you out there have. Don't ever give up.. mostly don't ever give up on yourself. You are more powerful than you give yourself credit for being. I love this song because I KNOW Whitney knows this first hand because of what she has experienced in her life. It's not easy to get away from unhealthy relationships. It wasn't easy for me to take responsibility for my part in the abusive relationship and now it's time for me to start the real process of healing from it. I am grateful for the people in my life that will lead me down this road of recovery as it is part of my journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment