Sunday, February 6, 2011

"TODAY is the first Day of the rest of your Life"

So, today on the radio we talked about this fact that "TODAY is the first day of the rest of your life." It's true. We make life altering decisions in a split second.

I remember sometime ago last year a friend of mine was going through a particularly difficult time. She turned to me and said, 'These things take time to get over." I had watched her struggle for quite sometime so I said back to her, 'If you say so.' At first she didn't want to hear that but eventually she saw the truth in that statement and shifted. How many times do we not want to look at what's holding us back from what we want the very most in life? We think that life is just the way it is. I am here to tell you .. NO.. Your life is the way it is because you created it that way. Are there unfortunate things that happen .. sure but we choose how we react to it. When you start taking responsibility for your life, you now have all the power in the world to CHANGE IT.  We are the ones that put limitations on ourselves... so decide to STOP that TODAY.. right this second.  

For instance, I have been talking about running another marathon since last summer. I have struggled wanting to get back into running because of my past experience. Well, my past experience is based on me being 227 lbs and in the food. I am a totally different person and I was allowing that old stuff to keep me stuck. I am now 89 lbs lighter than that now and will have a completely different experience. You see how that makes no sense? So I made a split second decision the other day that I was just going to do it and print off a training schedule and get into action to completing this next marathon. I start my training tomorrow morning.

When you sit and stew over SOMEDAY.. I will start a diet. or SOMEDAY .. I will clean my house or SOMEDAY.. I will take care of myself.. SOMEDAY.. never comes! It's today .. and today only that you have. Decide right now to make the decision to make a change. THE TIME IS NOW! This is the reason I made my tag line as it is.. "Why Weight...ACT NOW!" If you never get in positive action, you will NEVER get the positive results you are looking for. If I could sit down with each and everyone of you and share with you my story in detail and how I did it, you would realize that it wasn't rocket science. My decision to make a major shift in my life didn't come from months and months of prep thinking to get there, it took ONE SECOND .. a split second decision to work a program today. For me it was the 12 step that worked... for you, it maybe something else.

I am finding the very same process with the many people I am connecting with all over America that have accomplished this same result of losing massive amount of weight naturally. It's NOT as hard as everyone is making it out to be. Sure, you do have to put some effort into it but think of the effort you are putting towards living an unhealthy life as well if that is where you are right now.

I don't know if you can tell but .. I am very passionate about this. With love of course and knowing what it's like to be in a place of total despair thinking I have tried everything out there and there must be something wrong with me. I don't know if that is what you are thinking but I remember feeling that way when I saw that other people had done it.. why can't I. I sometimes can't hardly even believe that I am where I am because I have dreamt about living this life for as long as I can remember and now it's like waking up joyful every single day because I FINALLY have peace around who I am. I love that I care soo much for others and that I seek to inspire in such an authentic way.. it is what drives me to serve. I am learning to love unconditionally.. regardless of your choices. I just stand as an example and fellow struggler. People that I work with have given me feedback that they really appreciate that they know I will love them regardless. That brings joy to my heart because there was a time in my life where I held A LOT of deep judgements towards others. Really what it was were my own deep judgements of myself that I had to heal. Once I did that then I was open to giving that love to others. It's a beautiful thing. Every single one of us wants to be loved and accepted. What I have discovered is it starts inside of me.

When I coach people, I help guide them to make decisions and then allow them to set the "BY WHENs do you want that completed?" This is your life.. not mine. I just help you get out of life what you want.

I had to believe in TODAY and had to be willing to work a program TODAY. That's it. I can't think about tomorrow or try and change the past. If you don't work with me.. work with someone. Find someone who you trust and who has what you want and then have them coach you or mentor you. Ultimately it comes down to you making a choice. It's as simple as that.

I have coaches and mentors in my life. I set myself up for success surrounding myself with people that have what I want and have figured it out. It keeps me reaching and stretching.

ACT NOW: Get your journal out or a piece of paper. Write down one thing (promise me you only right ONE thing) that you want to change in your life and if you changed that one thing in what ways would that positively impact your life? Get someone who you can share that with and create a plan to check in with them regularly. I check in daily at the same time to my support. My call to her is structured so I return and report on what I did the following day. We review the gratitudes as well as those things I need to work on. It keeps me accountable. "When you fail to plan.. you plan to fail." ACT NOW and make a decision to change for good. YOU CAN DO IT! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you as well. I am here for you.. cheering you on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment