Monday, April 4, 2011

"Back on Track"

Wow.. what an incredibly crazy last couple of weeks. I have to say, I like being home rather than being on the road. What I noticed was how difficult it was for me to keep up with all my dailies I am used to doing  when I am in a different time zone and flying all over the country.

I am sooo grateful to be home now and getting my house cleaned up and finding my center again. This just goes to show how important it is for me to take care of me. I got very little sleep, didn't do my outreach calls, and missed meetings that help ground me.

Just interesting how I just let me go so quickly. To be honest with you, it didn't work. I mean, yes I had fun and I met a lot of AMAZING people but at the same time, I tend to think to myself, I only live once so I might as well stay up, hang out, connect and then I end up really not taking care of myself with little or no sleep.

So what happens when I get off track..... well I just make the decision to get back on track as soon as possible. That is the beauty of taking this life ONE DAY AT A TIME. "No Matter What My Past May Be.. My Future is Always Clean." I love that quote. I am not meant to be perfect and nowhere in this world is it written that I have to be. Thank goodness I didn't get into the food over it all. I realized just how important it was for me to go prepared with all my food for my trip. I never had to worry about what I was going to eat or where I was going to find food or if I would be hungry. I carried all my food with me so when I got hungry I ate. It was beautiful. It allowed me to be present and able to connect with the people that I needed to not to mention saved me a ton of money.

So sometimes I want to be hard on myself when things don't go exactly right. I have to be honest, I have wanted to go there many times but I know how unproductive that would be for me to get down on myself. I learn to love and accept myself for exactly where I am. In reality this has trickled into how I treat and accept others as well. I have had many opportunities lately to go into judgement of others and it's been a beautiful thing to love them unconditionally. Isn't that where we should all be striving to get. I can't say I am perfect at all of this, I just put certain tools in place to help me stay centered and with love and acceptance in my heart.

Today... I chose to write 30 Gratitude's to help stretch me. Usually I write 10 and then 5 "God things." That is what I call things in my day that just wouldn't have come about unless God was involved. It helps me stay in a place of love for myself and others as well as remember that I am not alone in this life. I know that God is way more powerful than I am and I do my best to acknowledge him in ALL things.

Glad to be back from my travels and to get back to writing every night again. Remember that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Remember that you do matter and that who you are is unique and someone out there in this world is waiting for you to be apart of their life. We all need each other. We all have something to give if we choose to tap into those gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how easy it is to get caught up again in the way the world wants us to think and to see ourselves. I love my home, especially my bedroom. It's my peace from the world, my center. Sometimes I wish I never had to leave my bedroom, other times I'm thankful for the world and where it wants me. It only serves to point me more towards Christ, and His redeeming love.

    I recently heard this quote, "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men who change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature... (Ezra Taft Benson, Conference Report, Ensign Nov. 1985)

    ReplyDelete