Sunday, September 19, 2010

Living a life of intention

For the past few years, I have worked on living a life on purpose. For many of you that know me personally, I keep myself pretty busy in my head about what I am doing. I am seeing the results of my intentional thoughts. For me it starts with figuring out what it is that I want in life, write it down, share it with others and then get to work. In order to intentionally create I must be clear on what I want to create. I knew many years ago when people would ask me if I saw myself overweight my whole life I would say NO. I knew something would come along where I made the necessary shift to take off the weight. I never in a million years thought I would have stubbled upon a 12 step recovery program for food addiction. I have to say though, if I hadn't decided to go with my friend to a Las Vegas CEAHOW.org Conference that Friday in February 2009, I am not sure I would be where I am today.

This progam has completely changed my life forever. I now dedicate a lot of my time to sharing the message of recovery. I know that there may even be some of you that are reading this that are wondering if this could work for you. After a year and a half in recovery, I have to say I have discovered that the only real thing I have had control over, is my own will. I have had to get up every morning and be "WILLING" to work the program, "WILLING" to be honest and "WILLING" to turn my life over to God. God then did the rest in releasing the 130 lbs from my body. I used to think that I was big boned and just today a friend of mine noticed how small my wrists are. I think how many times I would use that as an excuse of why I was the way I was to hide the fact I just was overweight. Not to say there are not big boned people... I just wasn't one of them.

I am soo grateful to my higher power who I call God for his strength he has given me to follow through and to be willing. I now know it's not about my power but HIS that carries me through my toughest moments in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment