Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"We are MASTER Co-CREATORS!"

What does it mean to be a creator? I have come to realize over the past couple of years just how incredibly powerful we are. We truly have the power to create Heaven or Hell in any given moment. What do I mean by that? Think about it, you wake up and from the first conscious thought you begin your day. Some may say.. "I woke up on the wrong side of the bed," and they let that determine the rest of their day. I say, no matter what we are feeling or thinking in any given moment we can shift it if we want. Take for instance, an emotion that sometimes is uncomfortable like fear. Sit and think deeply about something that is causing you a lot of fear. Notice how you feel. Notice the train of thoughts you are having. Now think of a bright, sunny, happy day and what it feels like to be outside with a cool breeze softly brushing through your hair from one side to the next. Notice how you feel now. Our minds are sooo powerful.

I remember when the day I began my journey of releasing 130 lbs. I turned to my friend of mine and said to her "Seriously.. no sugar .. no flour FOREVER?" I remember feeling the immense amount of weight on my shoulders of the thought of not only having to lose 130 lbs but doing it without sugar and flour.. two things that had been my friend for over 35 years. She turned to me, smiled and said "Just not today!" All of a sudden my reality shifted and I felt I could do it. I could do anything for 24 hours. Soon I realized that that 24 hours.. turned into another 24 hours.. and another.. and sure enough.. almost exactly 3 years later, I am where I am today. The other HUGE lesson I got from this experience is God, who is the master creator was going to help me and He did.

Because I made a small but significant decision, I, along with God of course, created some massively AMAZING results. I always include God in what I am able to create because as powerful as I am, I couldn't have done it without Him. What I had to realize and continue to realize is that together, God and I, are co-Master creators. Where I am weak, He is strong and He carries me through those difficult times.

I have to say though, there are times where I fall back into my stinky thinking that I can do it on my own. Until I have hit my head up against the wall enough times and fall to my knees and surrender, I realize I can't do it alone.

I started reading a book this morning called "Believing Christ." This book is sooo amazingly good at illustrating the fact that I was never meant to live this life alone and take on the battles of life by myself. There was one, Jesus Christ, that went before me, paid the price and knows and UNDERSTANDS first hand the struggles I face. All He asks of me is to turn to Him. Why is that so hard to do sometimes? I don't know. The only answer I have is I am human.. and mortal and I seem to have a mind that tends to forget and has to be reminded often. This is why it's so important for me to keep my mind active and always searching to learn more. This is why I pray often and read scriptures, to be reminded that God is the POWERFUL one, who sent His son to go before me to show me the way. I just have to remember to follow His example and do my best to live righteously to the best of my ability and then He makes up the rest.

You know the guy I was dating last year and I would have this conversation all the time. It seemed like every single thing he would plan for us to do was always turning out PERFECTLY. We would get to the exact right place at the exact right moment to watch a beautiful sunset. It seemed like everything we experienced was perfectly orchestrated. The (2) four leaf clovers just magically appeared out of nowhere, I would in that moment turn to him and ask, "How the heck did you create this? You are a MASTER CREATOR you know?" I think he loved it when I said that because I wanted him to realize just how powerful of a creator he was and how much I appreciated it... in turn that helped encourage his AMAZING ability to create even more incredible experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment