Thursday, June 3, 2010

Progress not Perfection

Progress is part of the journey. The Adversary wants me to think that I have to be perfect or else I am a frailer. I understand that there are going to be days where I may fall flat on my face and those days are perfect for me because it just shows me where I am and what it is that I still need to work on. Those days when I find myself in my addict are days that I get to practice surrendering or staying stuck trying to control it. Those days give me opportunity for choices and growth. If I look at those days when I fall short and feel shame around them, I might miss the lesson all together and I don’t want to risk that. Life is truly a journey and the journey has many ups and downs. I am just grateful that I mainly have ups these days in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment