Monday, July 25, 2011

Obtaining "Balance" in Your Daily Life!

Wow.. a lot has happened with me the last week or two in my life and I, along with many of you, are doing my best to keep it all balanced. Here are a few things I have realized as I am learning how to keep balance in my life at any stage. We all have things that come and go in and out of our lives. As for me there are key things that I need to start my day off with in order to keep that balance in check. Here are my dailies that seem to work best for me.

Start off day with what my friend calls...

"Morning Pages" This is when I first wake up I have next to me on my bed a journal where I begin to write out my thoughts, dreams and anything else that really comes to my mind. Many times, I don't remember what it is that I write on other than I allow my mind to go where it is going to go not thinking before hand what I am going to write. Grammar doesn't matter nor spelling and sometimes it's even hard for me to read what I have written but the key is that I get writing. I allow my soul to be expressed on paper until I feel drawn to stop. I don't go back and read it for a few weeks. I want to just allow myself that freedom of expression. It really helps me get my thoughts out and on paper.

"Prayer" This is a great way for me to get my day started as I ask for help in directing me to the people who I need to serve and be in contact with. I ask to feel peace in my decisions and in what I choose to do.

"Scripture Study" I try most days to get some scripture study in. I believe that I speak to God through my prayers but He speaks to me through my scriptures. I love them dearly and am grateful for the power and direction they give me in my life. I read mostly out of the Book of Mormon but am just beginning a serious study of the New Testament as I have not yet really dove into that before. It's fascinating what I learn on a daily basis.

"Meditation" I try and spend some quiet time.. just pondering and allowing my mind to go where it needs to go and then listen to the thoughts I have. I learn from the messages I believe I get in those quiet moments.

So... for me balance is obtained when I put the things of the Lord first in my life. Everything else just seems to fall into place. For me, my testimony of what I know is true may not be your truth but it sure does bring me a lot of peace in having answers to those core questions I have longed answers for my entire life. Where did I come from?? ... Why am I hear?? ... and Where am I going??

If you would like a FREE copy of the Book of Mormon....  CLICK HERE and fill out the form and they will send you one. I have such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and the amazing answers it has brought me in my life as to how God sees me and what are the things I need to be learning while I am here in this life time. I have received so much direction and peace in reading the different stories from ancient prophets and I look forward to learning more about Christ and His ministry as I begin my study of the new testament.

ACT NOW: Find those things that help you find balance in your own life. Write them down and start a plan of action to put them in place so that you can create more balance in order to feel more peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment