Wednesday, November 17, 2010

National Speakers Association Training

I spent most of today at the National Speaker's Association learning how to put together my workshops. Wow, this career is definitely a lot of work. I feel in many ways, that all this couldn't have come at a better time in life where I have the time to dedicate to it. I am stretching myself in many ways and know it will bring a lot of personal growth for me. As I meet more people in this amazing field of work, I can't help but be inspired by all their different stories. I haven't met one person as of yet that isn't willing to share their successes with me to help me on the road to success myself. We all have such a burning desire to be in service to others we are willing to make all the sacrifices to make it happen.

I used to think people just got up and talked, little did I know. It takes hard work to be a good speaker, one who carries a powerful message and truly inspires people. Sometimes when I find myself in this creation stage, I get stuck, not having clarity. I have to remind myself that timing is EVERYTHING.. and many times it's God's timing not mine that ultimately is in play. Although one thing I am noticing is how many contacts have come into to help carry me through this. It almost feels like everywhere I turn people are giving me advice that is helping me along the way. What a blessing it is to have that in abundance. It helps me realize I am not alone and that whatever the message is that God wants me to share, will come to me in such clarity when it's suppose to.

This is pure surrender my friends. Surrendering to what is and to not what I WANT. Well.. even though I say that, I know the importance of putting ON PAPER... ON PURPOSE our wants and deepest desires of our hearts, because it matters. God can't drive a parked car. We have to put our intentions out there.. and then get to work. It's letting go of our agendas that can be difficult at times. I am learning one day at a time. It's a beautiful process of learning to trust in a power much greater than I.

I was driving home from Salt Lake last night and as I was trying to get on the freeway, I found myself on the freeway entrance marked for the car pool lane. It was late at night and not many people where on the road. So, in that moment I had to make a choice. I could just jump on the freeway, knowing the chances of anyone finding out or me getting caught was very slim or I could turn around and go another block to the appropriate entrance. I chose to turn around and head to the other on ramp. I just couldn't in integrity do it. See a couple of years ago I wouldn't have thought twice about doing that hoping I didn't get caught. That is what kinds of things I would do when I was in my addiction. Now, I know I can't hide. I can't hide from my own guilt of not doing the right thing. That was a lesson to me on how far I have come. As I drove down to the next possible area to turn around sure enough there was a police officer there. Isn't it funny how God works. Regardless of if anyone was around... I still would have made that decision because no matter where I am .. I can't hide from God and when I am searching and wanting God's help in my life, it doesn't serve me to go against that which I know is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment